Friday, September 07, 2007

Bombs over WDH

As many of you know, I attend the U of M, school of nursing. We are housed in the ugly Weaver-Densford Hall. Today, for some silly reason, WDH had a bomb threat. People were evacuated, the building and surrounding medical complex went on lockdown, mothers became frantic. Luckily though, no one was hurt, and I did not have to have class canceled. THANK GOD. This is not because we are so hell bent on learning, but more for the reason that I was at my clinical site today at the Augustana old folks home. This semester, I get to work with a woman who has paranoid schizophrenia. More stories to come for sure.

In other news:
Otis Redding! Your b-day could have been in two days had you not died in 1967.

You were one fine looking man. Anyone fortunate enough to listen to Lolly today on the sugar shop got an ear full of sweet soul music by the one and only.
Some opulent Otis facts:
- born 9/9/41. died 12/10/67. but you already knew that you sophisticated reader you.
- as a baptist choir singer, Otis wowed his community by winning a local Macon, Georgia talent show for 15 weeks in a row.
- SNL's Blues Brothers used his "I Can't Turn You Loose" as their entrance theme.
- Otis died in a plane crash into Lake Monona in Madison, Wisconsin with 6 others. Otis was 26 at the time. This just further reminds me of how old and close to death I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home