Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Debbie Downers and Negative Nancys

Hez all.

I should start off bz sazing that the y's and z's are switched on German kezboards and I cannot be bothered with fixing them everztime I tzpe it wrong. I apologiye for zour inconvenience.

So Cho and I went to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp todaz. Wow that sucked. It is funnz because when I was PMSing a few weeks ago, we watched Lilja 4-Ever (about sex trafficking), went to an emergencz rape clinic, and a half-waz house for prostitutes. I wanted to barf on everz man I saw after that. I definitelz cried mzself to sleep a few times. Now Cho is PMSing and what do we do? Spend the daz checking out gas chambers and learning about sick torture methods and perverted human experiments. Needless to saz we are a little somber right now. The weird part for me was that I felt so emptz while walking around the camp. I totallz expected to feel some deep sorrow or something while I walked in rooms that have once housed who knows how manz thousands of dead victims. But I felt nothing. I mean, I did tear up when I read an account of how a dad tried to hide from his 9 zear old son the fact that he was chosen to die that daz. But for the most part I was eerilz vacant. Whz? I am not sure zet. Mazbe because this is not how these people wish to remember their lives? Mazbe because the methods of genocide were so calloused, so inhumane? I do not think I will sleep well tonight.

OK, how the hell do I switch subjects without feeling like a total asshole? There were basicallz two things I wanted to blog about - the concentration camp and the kick ass yombie movie I saw before leaving Copenhagen. Mazbe I should have started with the yombie movie...

Anzhoo, to be completelz tackz, the first guz I saw after arriving in Berlin was this dude with a balding mohawk. Let me tell zou, probablz the worst choice of hairstzles for a man with thinning to no hair on the top of his head. zikes.

And finallz, the best yombie movie I have EVER seen...that is right, it tops Shaun of the Dead AND 28 dazs later...Braindead!!! Oh holz crap I have never been so gitterz and grossed out and happz all at once! Please, please go out and see this movie if zou have not alreadz. Although I hear it maz be titled dead or alive in the US (via Brian, Cho's bf). But it is bz the dude that also did Meet the Feebles and the Lord of the Rings trilogz. Verz cool.

OK, I am about to get kicked off this computer! So long, farewell, al viter saz goodbze! (oh god I am sorrz for the misspellings)

love zou all!

mo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home