Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Am I really living alone?

I am lost in a very large pile of boxes and hangers.

I cannot sleep. Part nerves (there are strange noises that sound scary) part excited (because figuring out where to put my chair is oh so exciting).

I am surrounded by loving lesbians. 2 upstairs, 5 next door. (At least, they seem like lesbians. I could be wrong.) So really there is no reason to be afraid.

And my grandpa made me take a weird short golf club. Why? To bash in the heads of unwanted intruders of course. Thanks grandpa.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julia Gulia said...

Living alone is a big adjustment. Once you get used to it, I know you'll be fine. Plus, your place is so cute! (I was just telling someone about all your lesbian neighbors. :) )

Thanks for the ecard!

12:21 AM  
Blogger k-k-k-katie said...

Oh, dearie - do you remember that this same exact thing happened to me 2 yrs ago? Ugh - it is so unnerving to be fiercely capable and independent women and to feel shakingly frightened at 12:30 a.m. at every creak and voice you hear outside your door. That was the worst part for me .. that I never in a million years of facing living along thought that being scared would be part of it.

Anyhoo, what I'm tryin to say is that it'll get better. But in the meantime, maybe it would help to get to know your neighbors a little better and make sure they know that you're a little squeamish about being by yourself. That DEFINITELY helped me. And since they're either lesbians or just down-to-earth progressive caring women, they'll be SURE to watch your back if you watch theirs. And maybe we'll have some new friends in the process!

Enough rambling for now.... I miss you!

5:36 PM  
Blogger RaquelitaMN said...

Those neighbor ladies best be backing off. Youse mine.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home