Wednesday, June 18, 2008

News that matters?

A few short minutes ago Cate informed Phil and I of the news on news she had just listened to ... regarding the media coverage (or lack there of) on John McCain's use of the word cunt. Towards his wife.

WTF?

I agree with Phil's assessment of this as proof of gender bias in the media.

Here is the clip Cate heard, from "On The Media:"



And after doing a little MORE research I realize I am a little behind the times...
Thank Jebus good old Feministing isn't!

But it does compliment Phil's point quite nicely, don't you think?

PS. I apologize for all the dirty swears lately. I'll clean it right up for the next post.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

great find! i love that he pops back in for that last line

11:18 PM  
Blogger RaquelitaMN said...

Dirty dirty hilarious Mo. Love you. Keep it up. Hope the test went well. Big E and I said a prayer for you before bed last night.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I looked into this more. Allegedly McCain said this in 1992 in front of several reporters while on the campaign trail. I say allegedly because it was not reported by the journalists present, but the story has been printed in the recent book "The Real McCain" by Cliff Schecter. Schecter claims he was told the story by three reporters from Arizona speaking on condition of anonymity.
Thus, appearing unverifiable. But still incredible to be completely unreported, especially since the town hall incident.
BTW, the guy who asked the question at the town hall meeting was a Baptist minister with a Masters in Political Science.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Brianna said...

high-larious.

well done!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home