Friday, June 01, 2007

Anderson! Anderson! Anderson!

Hello my friends and gentle readership. I cannot post any stupid pictures since I do not have the right technology. Julia, that means you will have to wait to see the kick ass eye patch I made for Cho.

That also means that the hilarious silver turban I found at H&M, put on, and took pictures of will not be making an appearance here along with witty quotes from our very favorite Soap Dish. damn that woulda been good! PS, Cate, we MUST watch that many, many times upon my return.

I finally got my bike! OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN is it pretty! It is one of those super duper cute ones that stimulate correct posture and it has a black metal basket on the front and a black rack on the back and a cream colored frame. I am on top of the world!

Things I have noticed here:
1. they love spiral stair cases! In the brewery, in the old folks home, in double decker buses, EVERYWHERE!!!
2. Men of all stripes like wearing hanky scarves. I saw a little boy today with a skull one around his neck. He was probably 6 or 7. I wanted to steal him. I have also seen them on hipsters, gay men, and punk rockers.
3. Aside from the stupid Radison hotel, my kolligium (aka sweet ass dorm) is the tallest building in all of Copenhagen. That means that even though I am on an island outside of the Copenhagen city, I can see all the cool steeples and spires and such. And since I am facing west, I get some kick ass sunsets.
4. Danes will eat less if things are not hygge, and more if things are hygge. This is pronounced hoogly. It means close, friendly, intimate, comfy. For example, a hygge dinner is one that lasts 5 hours long, is eaten between family and close friends, and is in a warm and darkened atmosphere. The only thing is they like to do this every damn day. How do they get anything else done?!?
5. "I feel the same way about disco that I do of herpes," Hunter S. Thompson. I see this quote EVERYWHERE around the city. I do not understand.

Tomorrow we are going to a pub to watch the Swedes versus the Danes in futbol and then we are going to "Distortion" which is an outdoor, free music festival to raise awareness about homelessness. As a part of distortion, large artistic po-mo pieces of garbage have been erected all around the city. For example, in the town square, there is a gigantic banana peel standing straight up (probably 15 feet tall), a huge-normous (proportionate to the banana peel) pizza box with the lid bent up, and a crushed pop can. weird. I like it.

On Sunday we go on our Western Denmark tour. We will see a nursing museum, a sclerosis place, and some other stuff I forgot...

OK, I must bike NOW!!!

love you all!
mo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home