Monday, October 22, 2007

Make it smooth to the groove like sandwich bread.

It was 1991. I was 11 and living in Honolulu. It was a time of awkward growth and secret crushes on surfers. Braces were my enemy. Sand and bugs pervaded any and all surfaces. My breasts had reached A cups, but aside from that, I still looked like an 8 year old. I found a love for running by making a habit of following the Ala Wai Canal from our apartment to the city library. But most importantly, this song defined my life:

2 Comments:

Blogger k-k-k-katie said...

Holy shit, woman - you made my night. I sang along... every freakin word! I so appreciate that we remember the same songs. Chris was sitting next to me and claimed he had never heard the song before. Smooth to the groove like sandwich bread, lady!!!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger cate said...

oooh. if chris didn't know it than that blows the theory that I was just to young for it!

Maybe you had to be exactly 11 in 1991.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home