Thursday, December 28, 2006

"city kitties," or "a whole new (bag) ball of wax"

Racho and I have officially embarked on the journey to urbanize our cats. Kismet, Emilio, you are rural bumpkins no longer! Through crazy modern marvels purchased on the internet, we are now training our cats to use the toilet - yay!
I am so excited to never have to buy litter again, to never have to step on stray litter that the cats scratched out of the box, and to be able to flush their crap away without the messy pooper scooper business.
We installed the litter tray onto our toilet last night, gave the cats an introduction to it, and waited. And waited. As of this morning, neither cat had used it. Now that's just scary. How often do cats have to go? Where are they going instead?!? AHHH! But then as of noon today, Kismet decided to give it a go on the toilet. She didn't even miss! I feel like such a proud parent! I even gave her a treat, though I don't think she really got the connection.
Racho and I will still be searching around the house in case they found some new and very bad place to go, but I think this is going to be the start of something beautiful.
AND, since my mom is awesome and gave me a digital camera for x-mas, a visual of their progress can be enjoyed by all:
OK, so I missed getting a shot of the first pee, but here's what the contraption looks like:

1 Comments:

Blogger cate said...

hell yeah! go kizmet!

i am very excited for you guys. not that your house ever smelled like cat pee or anything... lord no!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home